About Carmel Semple
Carmel is an integrative and transpersonal psychotherapist who works primarily in Dublin, but also in Northern Ireland. Her primary desire is to help people who are ‘stuck’ to get going again in a more empowering way by helping them to understand where they are at and teach them strategies for moving forward. She has worked with clients from a variety of backgrounds with issues such as fears, phobias, low self-esteem, stress and anxiety. She meets people where they are at and works at their pace to help resolve issues.
Sessions are confidential, non-judgemental and compassionate. In addition to supervising other therapists, Carmel is also in supervision in accordance with best practices. She is a strong advocate of people taking time out to understand what is happening in their lives and making the changes they desire.
Call her on 086 3446673 (or +353 86 3446673 outside Ireland).
Some background information
Following an enjoyable career teaching English in Spain, Carmel worked in financial services in the UK and Ireland, first in retail and later in project management. But her insatiable curiosity about the mind prompted her to follow a parallel path by studying hypnotherapy and psychotherapy with the Institute of Clinical Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy, which included personal psychoanalysis and supervision.
Subsequent mentors included Dr. Michael Carroll (UK) for Individual and Group Supervision, Dr. Keith Hearne (UK) for Regression therapy, Chris Howard (USA) for NLP, Coaching and Performance Management, Anthony Robbins (USA) for breaking unwanted patterns and Prof. Ivor Browne (Ireland) to mention but a few.
Prior to taking early retirement from the Bank, she completed a six-year part-time BSc.(Hon) degree in Psychotherapy with the Open University. Having studied BrainWorking Recursive Therapy with Terence Watts (UK), she was a founder member of the British BrainWorking Research Society (BBRS) and served on a number of committees including BBRS and ICHPGA. Ultimately, she successfully completed a Masters in Counselling & Psychotherapy with the Irish College of Humanities and Applied Sciences in Limerick.
- MA Counselling & Psychotherapy
- BSc. (Hons) Psychology
- BWRT ® Transformational Coach, Level 2 Advanced Practitioner
- Advanced Practical Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy
- Certificate in Social Sciences
- Certificate in Supervision for individuals and groups
- Diploma in Past Life Regression
- Master Results Coach Certification
- Master Practitioner and Trainer of Neuro-Linguistic Programming and Neurological Repatterning
- Performance Consultant Certification
- BBRS – British BrainWorking Research Society (Founder Member)
- EAPH – European Association of Professional Hypnotherapists