Carmel is a warm compassionate person whose purpose is to support clients in resolving anxieties or unwanted behaviours. Since 1999, she has been accompanying clients in their inner journey of discovery to gain some understanding of how their past has influenced their present and help them to reconnect with the spiritual thread that runs through their lives.
Carmel holds a first class Masters in Counselling and Psychotherapy and a B.Sc. (Hons) degree in Psychology.
She is a fully accredited Psychotherapist with the Association of Professional Counsellors and Psychotherapists (APCP) and is a member of the European Association of Professional Hypnotherapists.
Because no single therapy fits all, her approach is integrative which means she customises a unique treatment plan for each client and draws from such modalities as psychotherapy, cognitive behavioural therapy, humanistic, existential and others to match the client’s needs.
She is also an advanced practitioner of BrainWorking Recursive Therapy (BWRT®) which is based on neuroscience.
Carmel has lectured in counselling and psychotherapy in Ireland in the undergraduate programme as well as providing academic supervision to Masters students.
- M.A. in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- B.Sc. (Hons) Psychology
- Advanced Practical Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Past Life Regression
- BWRT ® Transformational Coach
- BWRT ® Level 1 and Level 2 Advanced Practitioner
- Certified Supervisor for Individuals and Groups
- Psychological Society of Ireland
- APCP – Association of Professional Counsellors and Psychotherapists (Accr)
- EAPH – European Association of Professional Hypnotherapists